Posted to alt.food.barbecue
wj wj is offline

Default 1.5" thick T-Bones... best way...

Safflower oil has a smoke point slightly above 500. I use grape seed oil
that has a smoke point of 485.

FWIW I use it all the time to sauté scallops. It's the best way to ensure
that you caramelize them on the outside while leaving the inside still
barely cooked. Two minutes in a really hot pan does the trick.

Here's a website that has all the smoke points of various oils.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Colle...mokePoints.htm

Good luck.