Christophe Bachmann

Default Lobster

"Lazarus Cooke" > a écrit dans le message de
om...
> In article >, Charlie Sorsby
> > wrote:
> Is all
> > cheese mold safe to eat
> > or are there some that are not (as you
> > commented about bread molds)?

> For all practical purposes both cheese mold and bread mold is safe.
> (although theres an area of uncertainty if you're a pregnant woman).
>
> But of course we like some molds, others we don't like. It requires
> quite a lot of skill (and experience) to make things go moldy in a way
> that we'll like. So, in the caves where Roquefort cheese is aged, they
> leave loaves of bread scattered around. These become very moldy and
> encourage the spread of the spores of the mold that is wanted to make
> the cheese taste good.

If I may expand a little, they do not 'leave loaves of bread scattered
around', they specially bake rye bread loaves and put them in the vents
that bring air to the caves after inoculating them so that they slowly mold
away and cast a regular stream of spores through the air.

--
Salutations, greetings,
Guiraud Belissen, Chteau du Ciel, Drachenwald