Lazarus Cooke

Default Lobster

In article >, Charlie Sorsby
> wrote:
Is all
> cheese mold safe to eat
> or are there some that are not (as you
> commented about bread molds)?

For all practical purposes both cheese mold and bread mold is safe.
(although theres an area of uncertainty if you're a pregnant woman).

But of course we like some molds, others we don't like. It requires
quite a lot of skill (and experience) to make things go moldy in a way
that we'll like. So, in the caves where Roquefort cheese is aged, they
leave loaves of bread scattered around. These become very moldy and
encourage the spread of the spores of the mold that is wanted to make
the cheese taste good.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address