Kate Dicey

Default Haggis

Opinicus wrote:

> "Peggy" > wrote in message
>
> > What's cullen skink?

> http://www.rampantscotland.com/recip...ipe_cullen.htm

The potato doesn't have to be mashed: in some areas, you drop them in in
lumps and let bits disintegrate in the soup, so it thickens it and you
get the lumps too. My granny used to just squeeze them a bit as she
dropped them in, so the lumps were all different sizes and shapes!

In some areas, diced or grated neeps are also added. It's like most
other peasant recipes: a basic idea with slight regional variations.

A hotel I worked in on the Fife coast did a very local variation I
havent seen elswhere, made with fresh partons. After completion, it was
pureed.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk