Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Eat with your eyes first ...

"Christine Dabney" > wrote

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:55:49 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

>>Well, I bought .8lb. To make it I would have had to buy
>>1 cucumber, 1 red onion, 1 yellow pepper, a container of grape
>>tomatoes. Parsley. Could I have bought all that for $6.40?
>>Maybe.

> I hear ya there. I am just flabbergasted at the prices of things
> here...at least here in Richmond. Even stores unlike Whole Foods
> charge an arm and a leg for stuff like that. Seems like the farther
> you go west in this country, the cheaper the veggies become. Even in
> NM I could probably get all those ingredients for less than half that
> price.

We had that discussion once. I don't remember the specifics, but
someone was making the point about You could just buy all that
stuff for 3 bucks. Whatever. I actually pulled out the weekly
circular and posted the prices from local stores. People in California
have it good with the produce prices.

> And yes, English cucumbers would be very good, I would think.

Thanks, Christine! (laugh)

nancy