Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] abbybrent@gmail.com is offline

Default More Weber: The New Performer vs. the Old Performer

On Apr 14, 5:01 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> "Lawrence Akutagawa" > wrote in message

> > "Kent" > wrote in message
> >> My most used grill is my Weber Performer, which has the 22" round bowl
> >> coupled to
> >> a lighter fueled by a 5lb refillable propane tank. It makes the charcoal
> >> grill as easy to use as the gas grill.
> >> One tank filling, if used judiciously[five minutes to light charcoal],
> >> will last all summer.
> >> Weber has replaced this with a disposable propane bottle which will light
> >> 10-12 times.
> >> That, for me, would totally remove the appeal of the product.
> >> If you're thinking of a Weber Performer, run, don't walk, and try to find
> >> the discontinued model.
> >> Needless to say, I went looking for grills today.

> > hmmm...couldn't you simply acquire the right fittings and hose so as to
> > replace that disposable propane bottle with your 5 lb refillable propane
> > tank? Added cost, yes...but then you'd have your lighter fuel source of
> > choice.

> I looked underneath one. I doubt that it could be done. I can't imagine
> any reason to have two possible sources. When you propane runs out
> unexpectedly, you just light your charcoal the old fashion way.
>
> Kent

Kent I thnk you need to look again, for less than $5 at any home depot
you can buy a fitting to attach an existing 5# or for that matter 20#
LP to the current Performer. I have a Performer that uses the 1#
tanks and I have it hooked up to a 20# LP tank.

Brent