Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Last nights dinner - vegetable soup... tonight's dinner - vegetable stew!

On Apr 16, 9:28?pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> Yesterday the weather was just miserable... blowing a gale and
> threatening to storm all day... most un-Floridalike (there was even a
> tornado watch all day!) So I made a pot of vegetable and rice soup for
> dinner. It was a little bland but nice and comforting with some fresh
> bread and ham...
> I thought I had plenty of liquid in it, but tonight I went to grab a
> bowl of the leftovers, and it had thickened up so much in the fridge
> that it was vegetable stew!
>
> The question now is what can I do to revive it or make it more
> appealing to DH so I'm not stuck eating it for the rest of the week...
> he was happy to eat the soup but he refused the stew point-blank.

Well, don't just look at it, thin it out... coulda had a V-8... and a
bouillon cube. Don't know if there's any meat, but some small meat
balls would be a nice thing to add... and for a quickie add 2-3 tube
steak sliced into coins to flavor the extra liquid.