Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] john.lemaux@gmail.com is offline

Default Synthetic corks and a refrigerator

Hi,
I have a regular refrigerator that I use to condition beer that I
brew. I use an external thermostat control (Johnson Controls
thermostat) so I can keep the temperature at about 60F. I've recently
started to make wine and I'd like to use this fridge as a place to
store my bottles. I know a major drawback to cellaring wine in a
fridge is drying out the cork. Do you think that is too long for a
real cork? What about synthetic cork? I plan on keeping wine for 1 to
2 years tops.

Thanks.
John