Andrew Fenton

Default Cheese Steaks?

Dr Pepper wrote:

> Well, , , ,, ,
> These Philly Cheese steak sandwhiches are sold in only two places I
> know of, they are accross the street from each other, and are standup
> lunch counters where you get them at a counter, and they are all very
> messy, and dribble all over the place.
>
> I've forgotten the names of the places, but they are the true
> deliverers of the one and only PCS sandwhich.

It sounds as if you're describing Pat's and Geno's, at the corner of 9th
and Passyunk. Pat's is generally acknowledged as the originator of the
cheesesteak, and these are the places where visiting politicians, etc.,
come to visit when they are in Philadelphia.

But "the one and only cheeesteak"? Arrant nonsense. While important for
historical reasons, these places aren't even close to serving the best
cheesesteaks in Philadelphia.

-Andrew