Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Flan - how much would you expect to pay

Sheldon wrote:

> Actually there are a half dozen flan recipes at the Goya site, I just
> choose the one with coconut but there is also one without coconut, a
> pina colada one, and they also sell flan mix... I don't really think
> Goya needs to use any pscho-babble head tricks to promote their
> products, especially not their coconut products... if you're Latino
> that's what you buy... all Goya products are excellent. One of the
> things I miss a lot is not having a real Latino market up here like I
> did on Lung Guyland... the the stupidmarkets in these parts have a
> very tiny area alloted to Goya/Latino products, obviously just
> patronizing... and they're priced substantially more than I was used
> to paying downstate.
>
> http://www.goya.com/english/search/s...l?which=recipe
>
> Sheldon

I love the Goya Guava Paste. Long thin boxes of the stuff, which when
sliced thin and eaten with a good sharp cheddar cheese make a great
nosh. I haven't a clue if it is used for anything else though? It has
been a lot harder to find in recent years but I've seen that Publix
carries it. Oh, having just checked the link you provided I see the
Guava Paste now is coming in a round tin? Try it sometime, Sheldon.