Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Olde Hippee Olde Hippee is offline

Default Charge for smoking a butt

On Mar 30, 8:37 am, "OL'Hippie" > wrote:
> On Mar 28, 6:48 am, "Olde Hippee" > wrote:
>
> > DH had a friend come over to 'order a couple of butts' for his
> > family. He wants to pay, and knows exactly the work involved as he
> > has done them before, but doesn't want to be bothered.

> > What amount would you charge to do them for him?? We have NO idea. He
> > can well afford to pay a reasonable price.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Nan & Rich

> First of all I just have to say HI to my namesake !! Second of all
> about what to charge your friend. It all depends on how good a friend
> it is I think, is this sort of thing reciprocal? Heck I would do a
> Butt for a friend for free but most of my friends would show up with a
> Butt, a 12 pack some lump of their choice and maybe a bottle of Wine
> for Belladonna Blabbermouth, that is SWMABO for those who don't know
> us. As for the suggestion to give away my sauce, I give up the first
> jar to most of my friends for free then it's cash money after that !!
> LOL.
>
> I need to come by here a bit more often, I miss some of you guys.
> Bruce n Gold Beach Oregon

Hi there OL'Hippie, I tried to spell mine so it would be obvious that
I'm a gal, but from some of the replies I've gotten, I failed. Oh
well, no foul, no harm!! Happy Que'in to ya. Looking forward to seeing
your neck of the woods when we go on an Alaskan Cruise in the next
couple of years.
First trip however is to Aruba where our middle dau is getting married
in Feb of 08. Haven't been there so it will be exciting all around!!
These are the things we have worked all our lives for and can do now
that we retired last June.
Everyone on the East coast stay dry!! DH just started auxiliary pumps
outside, we're near floating this am. At least 4" of rain so far. The
koi pond is full to overflowing, and the circuit breaker keeps
tripping so it isn't running. But at least it isn't AngelCrap and
needs to be shoveled. Looks like dau in NH may need that shovel again,
they had a foot last week.

Master Blaster, I like that idea of a duplicate piece of meat and so
did hubby. Thanx for the suggestion!! I think that will work well!!
OH/Nan