Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Lawrence Akutagawa Lawrence Akutagawa is offline

Default More Weber: The New Performer vs. the Old Performer

"Kent" > wrote in message
> My most used grill is my Weber Performer, which has the 22" round bowl
> coupled to
> a lighter fueled by a 5lb refillable propane tank. It makes the charcoal
> grill as easy to use as the gas grill.
> One tank filling, if used judiciously[five minutes to light charcoal],
> will last all summer.
> Weber has replaced this with a disposable propane bottle which will light
> 10-12 times.
> That, for me, would totally remove the appeal of the product.
> If you're thinking of a Weber Performer, run, don't walk, and try to find
> the discontinued model.
> Needless to say, I went looking for grills today.

hmmm...couldn't you simply acquire the right fittings and hose so as to
replace that disposable propane bottle with your 5 lb refillable propane
tank? Added cost, yes...but then you'd have your lighter fuel source of
choice.