J. Otto Tennant

Default Horn And Hardart:

(kjw) writes:

>I remember the one over in the Mount Vernon shopping center years
>ago,back in the late 60's.They were great,and their rice pudding was
>scrumptious,and the best around,and their eelephant ears were out of
>this world.Whatever became of them? Did they go out of business
>everywhere,or are there some still around today?All this talk of
>desserts is whetting my appettite,and making me hungry now.Yummy.

So far as I know, Horn and Hardart went out of business, everywere,
sometime in the mid 1970's. The company tried to keep a "Horn and
Hardart" in Philadephia, with little success.

However, the company will never be forgotten, thanks to P.D.Q. Bach's
"Concerto for Horn and Hardart."
--
J.Otto Tennant

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.
Charter Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy