Posted to alt.food.barbecue
The Fat Man®[_2_] The Fat Man®[_2_] is offline

Default dry spareribs problem (continued with pictures)

A. Kesteloo wrote:
> smoked some meat last friday (loin, bacon, ham, turkey and "spare
> ribs".) meat was perfect. spare ribs turned out to be ribs from the
> loin. They came out OK, but not perfect. a bit on the dry side. still
> trying te get the ribs right next time
>
> Adriaan

You wuz drinkin' the wrong kind of "beer".

Looks to me like you had loin backs and some type of perversion of loin
backs.

IMNSHO, those ain't ribs and I wouldn't cook 'em on a dare. Spares are
where it's at.

Baby back AKA loin back ribs share too many similarities with pork loins,
IE, too lean, too dry, no flavor.

TFM®