Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JohnO JohnO is offline

Default smoker thermometer found at meijer

On Apr 12, 9:12 am, "skeeter" > wrote:
> On Apr 11, 9:35 am, "JohnO" > wrote:
>
> > > It was because the inside of the EVA suit was rubberized and their
> > > perspiration would only make it worse with the
> > > cold ambient temperature inside the ship.

> > Remember, they are in space....and freezing (no sweat).

> > -John O

> Ill have to watch the video of apollo 13 again (the history channel
> program of the REAL incident)
> and see again what exactly was Lovell's quote regarding that.

It isn't in the movie or the documentary...gotta read Lovell's book,
Lost Moon.

I'll save ya the trouble, although it is a great book...heat doesn't
rise in zero-gravity. If you stay still you'll create a "blanket" of
warm air around you, and it will remain there until you move.

-John O