ASmith1946

Default Almond vs Coconut Macaroons

Recipes for coconut as well as almond macaroons were published in Eliza
Leslie's "Directions for Cookery" (1837). Several other recipes include
"cocoa-nut" as an ingredient so coconuts were available in Philadelphia by this
time. It would surprise me if they were not widely available at a much earlier
date, as they were readily available in the Caribbean.

Andy Smith