Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Speechless Speechless is offline

Default Newbie needs HELP!

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:57:44 -0700, Nonnymus
> wrote:

>Brett, now you're getting to the real fun of barbecue. To my simple way
>of thinking, the experimentation is 75% of the fun, while eating the
>most successful of the experiments is the other 25%. <grin>
>
>Brettster wrote:
>> How does the addition of an egg change or enhance the flavor of the
>> beef? Or does it?

Egg is tasteless but keeps the burgers from falling apart. Acts like
"glue" to keep the ground meat stuck together.
Add 2 eggs per pound

For better taste, also add bread crumbs. The bread crumbs absorb and
retain some of the fat for flavor. Add 1/3 cup crumbs per pound

If using lean or extra lean ground meat, add 1/2 cup chopped celery
per pound as additional binding material in addition to egg.

Add chopped onion for flavor -- experiment for how much to add.