Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default smoker thermometer found at meijer

"skeeter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Group,
> I have a Brinkman smoker (similar to the Cajun Coooker) with the plain
> "low ideal hot" thermometer on it. I found at meijer a "grill top
> thermometer" which will almost fit into the lid of my smoker. Just a
> little grinding with a stone wheel in my dremel made it fit, and the
> thermometer was like 5-6 bucks. I'm looking forward to see how much
> more accurate it is.

Doesn't matter. Who cares what number the needle is pointing to? If it
gets to the "ideal" position, it is ideal for cooking. What a concept.
It's barbecue, not a space shuttle launch. Invest that $6 into a six pack
and it will make for a more enjoyable day.