Posted to alt.food.barbecue
DGD DGD is offline

Default Stainless Steel

Am about to replace my bbq and am looking at getting a stainless steel
model. Have replaced the cast iron grates in my current bbq twice (as
well as the burner) because of corrosion so I thought stainless steel
would be the way to go for the grates and body. From what I have
seen, most ss bbqs use a piece of ss over the burner in lieu of
ceramic or normal briquettes and have heard them called "flavour
enhancers" from certain manufacturers. The SS bbqs also have a
different type of burner (I am used to the old H-style burner found in
most bbq). These simply seem to be single burner tubes. How do they
compare to the old burner styles. Seems that one would need more of
them to provided the coverage, and hence use more gas. True?

Any particular manufacturers of SS bbqs I should focus on or avoid?
Any help appreciated.

Doug