Old 22-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Frogleg

Default aluminum foil

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:01:30 GMT, Robert Klute wrote:

On 20 Oct 2003 16:29:08 -0400, Don Saklad
wrote:

Would there be any advantage using aluminum foil in the oven on pans by
placing the foil dull side up?...

So far with respect to the question, resources explaining this do not give
technical reasons for their explanations.

From the Reynolds Wrap website (www.reynoldskitchens.com):

Which side of Reynolds Wrap® should I use, the shiny or the dull side?

Actually, it makes no difference which side of the Reynolds Wrap®
Aluminum Foil you use — both sides do the same fine job of cooking,
freezing and storing food. The difference in appearance between dull and
shiny is due to the foil manufacturing process.

I use it with shiny side toward the food, in spite of knowing the
above. I just makes me happier. OTOH, if I happen to cover a dish the
'wrong' way, I seldom reverse.