Old 05-04-2007, 06:39 AM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Chablis, Bourgogne, Trebbiano

On Apr 4, 9:29�pm, Mark Lipton wrote:
DaleW wrote:
Monday I opened a 375 of white as an apertif. I have generally liked
the Gilbert Picq wines, but the 2005 Picq Chablis wasn't thrilling.
Plenty of ripe fruit, but not a lot of minerality, and seemed a tad
fat. Tasted on following night it seemed even rounder, without a bit
of zip to give it more liveliness. B-

Dale, do you see this as a function of producer or vintage? *Is '05
going to turn out to be a bit too hot for Chablis?

Mark Lipton

I've liked Picq before. I think Gilman felt that Chablis has some
great wines, but not the consistency of 2004. Will look up tomorrow.