Jordan Zimmer

Default HELP! Stove Keeps Flashing and Beeping "F1" UPDATE...

Well folks, the repair guy came out today, and it's just as you mentioned.
The ERC is faulty and the technician quoted me a total cost of $290 to
replace it. I went ahead with the repair as our money is a little tight
right now. Hopefully, the new one will give us another couple of years of
use, at which point it will be time for a new stove anyway. The bad news is
that the part has to specially ordered from Frigidaire, which he said might
take up to 2-3 weeks, provided that they have the part in stock. I guess
I'll be using our barbecue and microwave a lot <g>. I've left the stove
unplugged because the constant beeping was terribly annoying. Brad was
correct. The guy told me that these things go bad all the time.
Apparently, it's a very common and well known problem.... He said that most
of his other services calls are usually for bad elements or defective burner
switch. I only hope those parts don't go bad once I get the controller
replaced. :-D Anyway folks, thanks again for all your help and
suggestions. You guys truly are a helpful bunch!

Cheers!
Jordan