Vox Humana

Default POLL: Favorite baking gadget

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in message
> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 8 Oct
> 2003 06:05:58 -0700, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
> (matt s) reported:
>
> >Without a doubt, my bench scraper (dough knife) is the best tool I
> >have. It is great for handling wet dough, essential for cleaning my
> >work surface (from baking or from other kitchen endeavors). I keep it
> >out while cooking meals, using it to scoop up and carry chopped
> >ingredients to the stove, to clean of my cutting board, and to scoop
> >up spills. Get one...Matt

> I don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but my best baking tool is -
> my hands!

Well, next to my hands, I would say that my favorite baking gadget is my
food processor. I can use it to make yeast dough and to cut fat into pastry
dough. You can use it for making crumbs, chopping nuts, slicing fruit,
making purees, processing stewed fruit for lekvar. I'm sure there are many
other uses that I didn't list.