Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer?

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
> > In article >, "bd" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> i bought a bag of shrimp from sam's about eight months ago and put
> >> them in the freezer. i found them pushed to the back yesterday. are
> >> they still good? will they be mush if i try to cook them? i was
> >> hoping to grill them during the game tonight. thanks in advance for
> >> any help.
> >>
> >> bd

> > If they were well wrapped, I've found them to be ok up to 2 years...

> *2* years?????????????!!!
>
> Prawns (aka shrimp) last about 5 mins in my household!!!
>
> Any prawns come to Peters' house, you can hear them yelling.......
> "Dead Prawn walking, dead prawn walking!!"

Heh! :-)

It is rare for them to last that long here too... but occasionally a
package gets buried in the freezer accidently, and forgotten about, just
like in this case.

I recently unearthed an 18 month old package! It was fine.

> Was supposed to be having a bit of a party this long Easter weekend, but
> it's been pushed back for a bit till we get all the new furniture in.
> (Yes, it's that time of the year again!!)
>
> I've already warned out my local fisho that I will be putting in a
> *huge* order for prawns as soon as we have the date set :-)

I'll be preparing some later today for a Birthday dinner, along with the
stuffed catfish and baked salmon. ;-d

Sea food tonight!!!
--
Peace, Om