Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Paul J. Dudley Paul J. Dudley is offline

Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:37:41 -0400, Ward Abbott wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:31:29 GMT, "Paul J. Dudley"
> > wrote:
>
>> What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

> An old wives tale...the customer can be vastly misinformed and that
> doesn't make them right.
>
> None of us own the restaurant...what do you want us to do....wring our
> hands? Going behind the scenes probably would keep you from ever
> eating out again.

When I posted my message I was real ****ed. If the post is read in it's entirety
one would notice a conflict between a customer and a worker (wife) and customer
vs manager. The attitudes of both mgr and worker sucked to speak mildly. The
worker no doubt got her story to the mgr real quick. Best defense=offense. Cover
your ass stuff. The mgr should have been more receptive, we did not attack him
or his wife worker. We did point out her attitude when she was confronted. The mgr
already had a shitty attitude when we called him to our table. This was what ****ed me
off most. Then of course my friends anger that the worker not only failed to clean her
hands but she blatantly lied to her, even though my friend fully observed her movements
from the time she left her stall until she was confronted. They had treated us like we
were in the wrong. And the only one who stood to gain anything by lying was the worker.
The "What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ? means a lot more than to
give in to us whether we are right or wrong. What about respecting customers - who
provide their income.

I've been in and around news groups a many year, starting with 'Notes' at DEC. And
it amazes me how people take it as a place to take pop shots. A place to crack their
profound wit and sarcasm - rather than to add something constructive or helpful. It
must be a lonely word out there for some people who have nothing better to do
than pick apart what others have to say. Isn't there a 'flame' group out the for people
to pull that kind of crap. Where everyone can pick the hell out of each other. That's
where that crap belongs.

Paul