Default Good restaurant equipment?

Louise Wadely > wrote:
> The problem is when we're at our busiest we end up with 2 waiters
> covering 30 - 40 tables. Sometimes this is managable but other times
> the situation can become stressful for both staff and customer and,
> ergo, mistakes are made.

> I know this is nothing new. But with all the technology thats out
> there I wondered if there might be something that would be of use to
> me.

I went into Yahoo and entered the following phrase for a search:

"restaurant wireless ordering system"

Enter it without the quotes. There are wireless ordering systems
that allow the wait staff to use handheld PDA like order pads which
transmit orders back to the kitchen. This means the waiter doesn't
have to take a piece of paper back to some central location for the
order to be placed. Seems like this could make things a little
more efficient. I got a lot of listings with different companies
offering similar systems, and I have no way to know which are good
or not, or how they might fit into your business.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.