Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
vhr4gsy6t32gfhuwh vhr4gsy6t32gfhuwh is offline

Default making root beer

"Tater" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> when I started my wine kit, I also tried to do a gallon of homemade
> root beer i also picked up(on a lark)
>
> I am pretty sure i followed directions closely, but I am not getting
> any bubbles yet, although the yeast in the wine is going like mad. I
> think i may have mixed the yeast in too hot a water. does champane
> yeast act differently?

I have a general question about the root beer kits. I assume these are to
make root beer that is similar to what you get in the grocery store. It has
a lot of sugar but you only ferment it enough to carbonate it - so you have
very low alcohol and a lot of sugar in the final product. If this is right,
how do you stop the fermentation?

Thanks,