Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default San Francisco sourdough starter and Carl's starter

"June Hughes" > wrote in message
> Hello
>
> A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
> sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
> from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
> mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
> 'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
> Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
> --
> June Hughes

Hello June!

What's the problem with using your London starter?

I made my starter to an American recipe after sarah sent me some which
eventually died. I'm sure mine is now a Yorkshire one - but it works
perfectly well.

The directions I used explained that starters are affected by you and your
local conditions. Now I know that some here don't agree with that but it
makes sense to me :-)

Mary