Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve[_6_] Steve[_6_] is offline

Default making root beer

Used to know a guy who regularly made the Rainbow soda pops. He
definitely made ginger ale, cola, and a couple of the root beer types.

I remember him telling me that you had to adjust the amount of yeast
recommended depending on the variety. He made a gallon at a time, and
bottled in 2 litre pop bottles. When the plastic bottle turned hard
he put it in his basement fridge to slow/stop the yeast. He and his
wife were very happy with the results.

Steve