Karen Wheless

Default Parchment Paper

> Please save some trees and get yourself silpat liners.

I've tried them, but I find that sticky cookies don't do well on silpat
liners. I've been stuck many times, scraping at the silpat with a
spatula, while a big glob of overcooked, slightly burned and melted
chocolate, coconut and sugar remained stubbornly stuck to the liners.

I still have mine, but they were one of my most disappointing purchases.
After the sticky burned-on residue got stuck on the liners, they were
never the same again - after that, even the regular cookies and other
food items stuck to the silpat liners (or more accurately, stuck to the
sticky residue bits that wouldn't come off the silpat liners).

I posted about this a while back, and I tried again to clean off the
liners, but the sticky residue just won't come off.

Karen