Vox Humana

Default Parchment Paper

"Karen Wheless" > wrote in message
om...
> Maybe this is a silly question, but is there a good way to get parchment
> paper (off a roll) to lie flat? I have to bake a lot of cookies, and I
> like to line my pans with parchment paper. But the parchment paper
> continually rolls up at the edges, and means I have to push down the
> paper constantly when I'm trying to drop my cookies. It's minor, but
> it's annoying.
>
> And is there a brand of parchment paper that comes off the roll more
> easily? The only kind readily available here is by Reynolds, and the
> roll is a pain to deal with - every time you pull on the edge, the whole
> roll pulls out of the package. I'd be willing to search for or order a
> different brand if it was easier to work with.
>
> I considered buying pre-cut sheets, but they're the wrong size for my
> pans (they're for half sheet pans, which won't fit in my oven). It
> seems foolish to buy pre-cut sheets and then have to cut them down to
> fit my pans.

I get packages of full sheet pan size parchment from Gordon Food Service.
http://www.gordonfoodservice.com/ A pack of 50 cost $2.85. I cut them in
half for my half sheet pans. For smaller pans, I just fold the excess
under. They price out to about 3 cents each when you cut them in half.
That's way less expensive than any parchment I find on rolls. It may pay to
get the larger size and cut or fold them to fit your pans.