John

Default Recipe for Chines hot and sour soup

"Chikako Hidaka" > wrote in message >...
> Dear all,
>
> Maybe an old and well talked-about matter on this newsgroup, I nedd the best
> of it.
>

> Hideto Hidaka

Here is my recipe for hot and sour. I learned it from the lady who
runs the oriental market (Makes enough for four).

2 cans chicken broth
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1 brick tofu
1/4 cup shredded bamboo shoots
1/4 straw mushrooms
1/4 t dry ginger
1/2 t garlic
1/4 cup minced pork
2 T rice wine vinegar
2 t crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
2 t oil
2T Corn Starch
2T Water

Add 2t oil to hot wok. Add pork and garlic. Cook until done. Add
the broth. Heat until boiling. While waiting for the broth to boil,
mix the egg and salt in a bowl until well beaten. With the broth
boiling, slowly drizzle the egg into the boiling broth. DO NOT STIR.
Reduce the broth to a simmer and add the rest of the ingredents except
corn starch and water.

Mix corn starh and water together and add to soup to thicken. Serve
hot.