Posted to rec.food.cooking
MareCat MareCat is offline

Default Cusabi?

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" >

>>> I went to lunch today, one of the appetizers was a surprise
>>> to me, fried pickles. Tempura coated. I didn't order them,
>>> but I noticed they came with cusabi dipping sauce.
>>>
>>> Just curious what that is. I'm thinking cumin/wasabi.
>>> No doubt El Wrongo.

>> IIRC it is cucumber and wasabi. Google it. There are probably thousands
>> of variations on it. Are you sure those were pickles and not cucumbers?

> They said pickles. I assumed pickled cucumber.

I've had fried pickles at lots of places. Both the coins and the spears. (I
prefer the coins; with the spears, the coating seems to pull off in one
piece when you bite into each spear. Plus, you get more coating per pickle
ratio with the coins.) Good stuff, especially when paired with a BBQ ranch
or chipotle ranch dipping sauce.

This is the first time I've heard of cusabi, though...

Mary