Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Cusabi?

On Mar 18, 1:27 pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "KevinS" > wrote
>
> > Piggybacking - sorry. I saw a small number of posts on
> > Chowhound which suggested that it involves a combination
> > of cucumber and wasabi. Several posters said that Hidden
> > Valley makes a cusabi ranch, but I can't remember ever
> > seeing it. These posts were from 4 to 5 years ago.

> Ah! I did think cucumber (not that many food items come
> to mind that start with cu), but I guess the sabi part kept
> me on the spicy train of thought. Then the link you posted
> said the stuff was cooling. Thanks, Kevin.

I found this, attributed to TGIF:

FOR THE WASABI CUCUMBER RANCH DIP:
1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing (Hidden Valley is best)
1/4 cup cucumbers, peeled, seeded, minced
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon wasabi powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper

Sounds interesting enough to save for future reference. We're going
to grow cukes this summer so we'll want to find new uses for them.
-aem