Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Japanese Green Tea and L-theanine

"mgford25" > writes:

> After my original post, I went back through the archives and
> discovered the decaf thread . . . Well, I'd still like to know about L-
> theanine . . . thanks!

I don't have any numbers to give you. The best I can do is to not
that theanine is a pretty small molecule, not greatly different in
size from caffeine, and all other things being equal, you'd expect it
to exit the leaf at a similar. Of course, some other things may
be unequal, like the chemical properties of the two molecules! I bet
DogMa could take a far better educated guess than I.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /