Posted to alt.food.sushi
Rik Brown[_8_] Rik Brown[_8_] is offline

Default Crazy Sushi - St. Louis Sushi at Reasonable Prices

If you are living/visiting the St. Louis, Missouri (USA) metro area, I'd
like to put a mention in on one of the better sushiyas here. Its called
Crazy Sushi and is located in St. Peters which is a St. Louis metro
area suburb so-to-speak.

Crazy Sushi doesn't have the largest seafood selection (perhaps 30 or
so items) but it always has value. Sushi is not overpriced and fish
portions are normal instead of the "micro sushi" I see at some Japanese
restaurants.

The owner/head chef is Korean. But being non-Japanese shouldn't
influence your decision to visit or not. He was trained by Japanese
chefs and knows his business. The taste is authentic. In fact, he
out-performs most of the Japanese chefs in the area.

Crazy Sushi is family run and the entire family is outgoing and
friendly. This gem in the St. Louis area has grown from obscurity to
popularity very quickly. Due to demand, they are planning to be open on
Sundays from this month. I'm looking forward to Crazy Sushi II in coming
years!

In closing, I'd like to repeat that Crazy Sushi is the place for value.
If you want to spend 2 or 3 times as much elsewhere, you can find higher
grade sushi in St. Louis. But Crazy Sushi is always good at a reasonable
price.

Location: Strip Mall at the northeast corner of Mid Rivers Mall Drive
and Mexico Road, St. Peters, Missouri, USA.

Kanpai. -- Rik

Speaking of kanpai, beside the selection of sake, there are some Korean
drinks including something I'd call a Korean shochu. Very good. On our
last visit, a party of Anheiser-Busch people had brought in a new
Chinese beer import (forgot the name) which they are also beginning to
distribute in the area.

--
Rik Brown
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com