Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian
raymond raymond is offline

Default Peanut Sesame Noodles

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:58:58 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>I just perfected this recipe - Took me about 3 tries. Forgive the
>use of lingune, but they actually work better than chow mein/lo mein
>noodles.
>
>Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe By Steve Wertz - March 12th, 2007
>Copyright (C) 2007 http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
>Yield: 6-8 servings
>Nutritional Info: Not too bad for you
>Allergy Sufferers: Consult with *your* lawyer, not mine
>
>Noodles:
>1 lb package Linguine
>
>Sauce:
>3/4 cup Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, but not extra crunchy)
>2/3 cup Chicken stock or (Chicken base is OK, don't use bouillon)
>1/4 cup White or Red Rice vinegar (but not black)
>2 Cloves Garlic
>2 TS White or palm sugar
>1 TB Light soy sauce (preferably Kim-Lan or Pearl River)
>2-3 ts Grated ginger
>2-3 ts Dark/toasted sesame oil
>1-3 ts Huy Fong Sriracha or Huy Fong garlic chili paste
>
>Garnish:
>2 TB Sesame seeds (toasted fresh in a pan - DO NOT burn)
>4 stalks Scallions - sliced thinly, parts of green OK.
>Juiliened Diakon (optional)
>Chopped Cilantro (optional)
>
>While linguine is cooking, combine next 9 ingredients and bring to a
>slow simmer over low heat stirring often until peanut butter
>incorporates and sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
>
>Drain linguine, add sauce and stir thoroughly. Toasted sesame
>seeds, sliced green onions, daikon, and cilantro may be incorporated
>into the mixture, or used on top for presentation.
>
>Best after 1 day, and served at room temp or warmed. You can also
>use cashew butter in lieu of peanut butter. Do not use tahini.
>

>-sw

This is pretty close to my recipe. I use water instead of chicken
stock. I always inorporate tempered julienned carrot (I'll have to try
diakon) and tempered julienned snow peas, and I make it with soba
instead of linquini. And you are absolutely right that it is best
after a day. I always make mine the day before.

I serve it with this.

Salmon With Ginger Sauce

1 to 1 1/2 lb salmon fillet about an inch thick
1 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp Light soy sauce
2 tsp peeled, grated ginger
1 tsp Dijon mustard
chili paste to taste

Cut fish crosswise into 4 equal pieces and place in shallow dish.
Combine marinade ingredients and pour over fish. Cover and place in
refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray.
Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade, and place fish skin
side down on broiler pan. Broil 10-15 minutes or to taste or until
fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to
a low boil in a saucepan and reduce. When fish is done, pour marinade
over and serve with the recipe above.