Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Peanut Sesame Noodles

Steve Wertz wrote:
> I just perfected this recipe - Took me about 3 tries. Forgive the
> use of lingune, but they actually work better than chow mein/lo mein
> noodles.
>
> Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe By Steve Wertz - March 12th, 2007
> Copyright (C) 2007 http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Yield: 6-8 servings
> Nutritional Info: Not too bad for you
> Allergy Sufferers: Consult with *your* lawyer, not mine
>
> Noodles:
> 1 lb package Linguine
>
> Sauce:
> 3/4 cup Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, but not extra crunchy)
> 2/3 cup Chicken stock or (Chicken base is OK, don't use bouillon)
> 1/4 cup White or Red Rice vinegar (but not black)
> 2 Cloves Garlic
> 2 TS White or palm sugar
> 1 TB Light soy sauce (preferably Kim-Lan or Pearl River)
> 2-3 ts Grated ginger
> 2-3 ts Dark/toasted sesame oil
> 1-3 ts Huy Fong Sriracha or Huy Fong garlic chili paste
>
> Garnish:
> 2 TB Sesame seeds (toasted fresh in a pan - DO NOT burn)
> 4 stalks Scallions - sliced thinly, parts of green OK.
> Juiliened Diakon (optional)
> Chopped Cilantro (optional)

I haven't perfected it yet at all; I'll have to give yours a try. I
also use linguine noodles.

I just happen to have a quart of strong chicken stock in the fridge;
last time I didn't use any stock, that might be what was missing.

Is that enough chili? I don't think so. Unless your chili paste is a
*lot* hotter than mine.

Best regards,
Bob