Posted to rec.food.cooking
Van Van is offline

Default Big Booger

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:21:30 -0400, Van wrote:

> Hanging sides of beef at a *Fuddruckers*? Anybody else ever seen
> this ata Fuddruckers? I've been to at least 10 different ones
> and at none of them did they have anything resembling whole cow.
>
> -sw

I must admit it's been over 10-15 years since I've been to one, and there
may be reasons they may no longer have the on-site meat prep & grinding -
who knows?

BUT - the ones I used to frequent both in Norfolk (Va Beach, actually) and
in Atlanta both proudly showcased their refrigerated meat processing areas
with huge picture windows right at the restaurant entrance. You could order
your burger by size with sides (they also served chicken filet), then dress
your sandwich any way you wanted. The 'fixins' bar was actually a salad
bar.

And, they did bake their own rolls.

Van