Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default 4 inexpensive wines (Zweigelt, Beaujolais, Macon and Pfalz)

On Mar 9, 8:34�pm, "pavane" > wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> Thursday she made a pasta with tomato sauce with tarragon and a
> lobster tail, with a separate course of kale over garlic rubbed toast
> with cheese.
>
> For whatever reason the "kale over garlic rubbed toast with
> cheese" sounds wonderful. *Might I ask what type of cheese,
> and how the dish was prepared?
>
> Thanks
>
> pavane

It's actually another Zuni Cafe Cookbook (Judy Rodgers) recipe. Saute
onions, add garlic and a dried chile, and a lot of kale. Add water to
cover, simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over the garlic rubbed toast, top
with shavings of Pecorino. When doing as main course, she has added
proscuitto. There are multiple variations in cookbook-I hope to try
the one with a fried egg with a dash of red wine vinegar.