Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Fun with Comcast tech support!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:27:09 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:
>
>When we lived in Philly we had cable thru Comcast. When we went 'hi-tech'
>and got a television with cable jacks we no longer needed the cable box.
>Called them to pick it up. They then send me a bill for the box. They kept
>billing me and billing me for a box packaged on the floor beside the door
>waiting for the pick up they promised me. After about three months of
>increasing bills for the cost of the box (hey, I didn't have a problem
>paying for cable, I just wasn't buying the damn box that I didn't need) I
>sent them a bill. I pro-rated a storage fee for everyday after the original
>date they gave me to pick up the damned thing. Needless to say, two days
>after I sent that bill to them they picked it up....no charge to me.
>-ginny

My daughter used (and paid for)a box that gave her extended services
until she moved out 2-3 years ago. Comcast stopped billing
immediately, but they never picked it up in spite of several pick up
appointments. I don't even know where it is now.

I suppose their pick up rate is so bad because they send out "death
rays" occasionally to kill all the (black) boxes that are not on their
subscriber list. It probably costs them less to kill unpaid boxes
than it costs to pick them up... so they don't care.

--
See return address to reply by email