Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default how long do dried chiles last?

Sheldon wrote:

> On Mar 7, 5:23?pm, "timbrel" > wrote:
> > Maybe this is silly, but in re-arranging my pantry I find dried
> > chipotles, other dried chiles, and sun-dried tomatoes. They are
> > old I know, but they look--please don't laugh--lifeless. The
> > dried mushrooms, that may or may not be as old, still look
> > good. Is there an expiration date? I hate to through them out
> > if they can still be used, I'm sure I paid a fortune for them
> > at some specialty store. Any ideas would be appreciated.

> Did you think like maybe to taste some...

That makes no sense, Sheldon. Why would someone
trust their own senses, rather than the collective
wisdom of an entire newsgroup? One person could
be wrong -- she could be deceived by the flavor
and aroma of the goods in question -- but the
nattering nabobs of RFC are entirely objective
because we are _not_ influenced by such factors.
Or something like that. :-)