Posted to alt.food.wine
UC[_1_] UC[_1_] is offline

Default 'Chianti' Riserva?

On Mar 5, 2:40 pm, "UC" > wrote:
> On Mar 5, 1:43 pm, der-pizzameister >
> wrote:
>
> > UC wrote:
> > > So far, I'm unimpressed with this wine. I had it cold, though (it was
> > > in my car overnight), so I'll see tonight.

> > If you refer to "Via Firenze" I would not have much expectations. I have
> > never heard about them (I live in Tuscany) and - frankly speaking - $10 in
> > the US market seems a low price for a good Chianti Riserva.

> Yes, I've had much better $10-13 wines from south, Sardinia, and
> Sicily.

The wine is simply not very good. I told the clerk not to order any
more of it. He said someone really liked it and ordered a case. What
can I say? I'm sure I didn't get a 'bad' bottle, because I have had
bad bottles before. This wine simply didn't have much flavor, despite
its intense color. Bad bottles taste 'off', and this wine didn't tatse
off.