Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default What is good brand of can beans

On Mar 7, 11:02 am, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Mar 7, 11:55 am, "Nancy2" > wrote:
>
> > I assume you're talking about baked beans? I like Bush's original. I
> > don't need Duke's recipe, though, because I doctor them up myself.
> > LOL.

> > N.

> I like baked beans, just any kind. I like beans.. I figure they make
> me strong.
>
> I cooked a pot of Navy beans recently, blah.. tasted like boiled
> beans.
>
> Barry
>
> I've had Bush's, I guess I'm thinking more like.. tastes like beans
> you cook on the stove top.
>
> Thanks

Well, you have to improve them so they taste more like home-made. I
add ketchup, yellow mustard, a little sweet pickle relish, some finely
diced onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, AFTER draining out
most of the juice in the can. Then I let it heat at a low temperature
either on top the stove or in the oven for an hour or more.

For homemade from scratch, I use the Better Homes & Gardens recipe,
which I can't access at the moment.

N.