Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Fun with Comcast tech support!

Andy wrote:
> TRUE.
>
> Tech support?
>
> Andy: The giganews usenet newserver crashed.
>
> Jessica: Did you disable your antivirus protection?
>
> Andy: I'll bet a year's salary it's your fault not mine.
>
> Jessica: You should call giganews.
>
> Andy: It's a comcast service provided to subscribers,
> giganews.comcast.net!
>
> Jessica: I can't help you.
>
> Andy: Can I speak to a supervisor?
>
> Jessica: There's no one here. Just the people who walk around to make
> sure we're doing our job.
>
> SHOOT ME!!!!!!
>
> Andy

I'll never forget the BellSouth tech who told me my having a 56K modem was
my problem. Back in the days of dial-up. Excuse me?! Maybe your lines
can't handle it but modems step down to match the signal. She insisted it
was my modem; turned out it was a problem with a phone line. Ain't tech
support fun? The first thing I did when I got a call about connectivity was
check the WAN/LAN lines. PING!

Jill