Posted to rec.food.cooking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Pork loin for pulled pork?

In article >,
says...
> Has anybody here used a pork loin roast to make pulled pork?
> I've always used Boston Butt in the past, but saw a show on
> the Food Network (US) where a woman used leftover crockpot
> pork loin to make pulled pork. This week my market has it
> on sale for less $$$/lb than Boston Butt. I thought it
> would be too lean, but maybe not?
>
> Thanks,
> Jnospam

I've used both pork loin and pork tenderloin to make pulled pork. The
"pulled" part simply refers to the method of disassembling the cooked
meat vs. the way it's cooked.

Even when I slow smoke pork butt or shoulder I de-grease the meat as
much as possible before serving or freezing it, so while the cooking
method differs, the end results are about the same. Use sauces when the
meat is served to add moisture.

Bob