Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Odd brisket

On Feb 26, 4:49 pm, "swibirun" > wrote:

SNIP

> My only guess was that they used some kind of liquid smoke/rub on the
> bottom, seared it, and then threw it in a regular oven. Ick.

Betcha $100 you are right. There is a place here in town that smokes
their meat for a a couple of hours, then puts in in the oven overnight
to finish. It has that same look you are talking about, and it is the
same way my brisket turns out if I get caught in a quick forming
rainstorm and have to bail out of bbqing outiside.

On the other hand, I once saw a recipe that the folks cooked the meat
inside an oven overnight then took it outside to the pit to finish it
off before serving.

In either case, I would have to think that the resulting product would
taste like a kind of smokey pot roast.

Nasty.

Robert