Charles Demas

Default best high-end refrigerator?

In article >,
Kenneth > wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:53:04 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
>Demas) wrote:
>
>>I'm suggesting that if it costs nothing to have the product serviced,
>>and that when one pays an extremely high cost for something, that the
>>repair rate being higher than for less costly items is to be expected.

>Well, I do not agree with you, but there is another issue in any case:
>
>A repair rarely "costs nothing."
>
>Even if a highly competent repair person shows up right on schedule,
>and charges me not a penny, the time costs to me are very significant.
>I cannot be certain, but I would tend to believe that is true for many
>people.

It is indeed true that the cost of getting something repaired is
more than what one pays for the repair.

For those owning a Sub Zero, there is a distinct likelyhood that
someone will be available to meet the repair person. Now that
someone might be live in help, security personel, or a non-working
spouse. Anyone paying $6000 for a refrigerator is likely to live
a more priviledged lifestyle. I paid that for my last car. :-)

My point of the repair costs nothing was twofold:

1. Service covered by warantee encourages service, but any fee
involved will lessen the repair rate.

2. Part of the Sub Zero price is their warantee.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,