scorpiogirl

Default Heavy Gas Smell from Oven?

(Chuck Hildebrandt) wrote in message om>...
> When I turn on my gas oven, I get a terrible heavy smell of gas. I
> let it go for 15 minutes and it only got up to 200 degrees, and when I
> opened the oven door I was almost knocked out by the gas fumes inside.
> So I aborted my dinner mission and got take-out instead.
>
> What is the likely cause of this, and what's the cure? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Chuck

I had a similar problem in my last apartment. The oven heated ok, but
every time I turned it on there was a heavy gas odor. The repairman
declared the problem irreparable & shut off the gas so management had
no choice but to buy a new range. For me, as a renter, it was a good
thing but if you own I guess it's not so good.