Default how to sharpen mini dike-cutters, nipper-cutters?

In rec.knives MaxAluminum > wrote:
> Sharpening them is often an experiment in futility. Give it a try and
> then pitch them. Occasionally it works with a Dremel and a small wheel
> or carbide tool.

Oh heck. :/ Using a dremel on the jaws would be a recipe for making
them worse instead of better, in my opinion. I use a small flat #4
file and finish up with a metal finger nail file. (the kind with the
grit soldered to it... either saphire or diamond)

> And I have a diamond stick that helps a little. In some you have
> to remove material in the crotch, for lack of the proper term, so
> the tool will close tightly. If you are using the tool for your
> livelihood, buy a new quality piece.

I've only ran across one set so far that was so good it couldn't use
touching up, they are little ones for electonic work and they say
"NWS Solingen Germany" on them and the return springs are two little
leaf springs. (instead of those with the crappy little coil spring)

Most of the ones I get and fix up are Kleins but all of them (save
that one set) could use some "hand work" for improvement.

Alvin in AZ
ps- retired/retarded (same thing) railroad signal-ape